Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Sixth Episode

So for those who have listened, you have probably noticed that our last episode was lacking a certain audio quality (namely music). Here is a full version of what happened, every single week since we have started this podcast something has happened to cause concern. First it was the server not allowing me to post our episodes. When I resolved that issue it was my sound card. Out of absolutely nowhere my sound card just stopped working. For a few days I was troubleshooting and trying to fix it. I downloaded an update for the driver and now it works fine. The next thing was my internet. For whatever reason my internet consistently times out on me, which is not only rough for posting podcasts and recording them but also doesn't help with my lag while playing. The latest issue was my video card. Why was my video card working and 20 minutes later nothing? So of course upon my frustration I had a horrible day. I tried to let it roll off of my shoulders but that didn't work so well. The proceeding day I was able to buy a brand new video card and thank the Lord that it was only $30.00. I guess I won't be playing any games with graphics better than frogger but I least I can see what I am trying to do on my computer.
Those of you wondering where James has been can put the full reason and blame on me. During all of the problems I was having with the computer we were supposed to be recording the podcast and both Jeff and James were ready to record. James had gone offline and I was testing my laptop for recordability when Jeff came back and I asked him if he wanted to do a test record. So he said yes and we did, we just happened to do the podcast and decided for consistency purposes we would publish it that evening.
So my apologies to James, it was not fully intentional to leave him out of the podcast.
In other news, I have contacted the PR person for the Frag Dolls and they have agreed to do an email interview with us so I have submitted the questions and should have a response in time for the podcast.
We already have a winner for the screen shot of the week, listen this weekend to find out who. You can also expect a review on Def Jam Icon, Phantasy Star Universe Demo, my take on TMNT the full game and many more news and reviews. Visit our websites and keep listening.
God Bless,
Drew

No comments: